The Mooresville Park & Recreation District park system consists of five parks within the Town of Mooresville. Each park has it's own unique qualities as described below.
Hadley Memorial Park is classified as a block park. It is a 1,200 square foot section of land located in the downtown business district at the corner of Main and Indiana Streets. The memorial commemorates Paul Hadley, the designer of the Indiana State Flag. The site cotnains a small memorial and park bench.
Located in the Highland Meadows subdivision, this neighborhood park contains five acres and is divided by Goose Creek and bordered by residence on Greenwood Drive and Parkway Drive. Activities located in this park site include picnicking, one picnic shelter, playground, one basketball court and volleyball courts. This park is passive in its character serving a local neighborhood.
Old Town Park
Located at South and Park Streets, this neighborhood park is the oldest park in Mooresville dating back to 1877. Old Town Park contains approximately seven acres and is bounded by East South Street, Park Drive, State Road 67 and High Street, with East Fork White Lick Creek running through the property. Activities found in thispark includ a shelter, playground, a log cabin for Boy Scouts usage, restrooms and water fountains.
Located at 1101 North Indianapolis Road this commuity park site serves as the main park in the Mooresville system. The 150 acre site is located on Indianapolis Road and Old State Road 67 and also has East Fork White Lick Creek running through it. The Park District's office and maintenance center is located in this park site. Activities located in Pioneer Park include the Mooresville Family Aquatic Center, Soaring Eagle Zip Line Ride, seven picnic shelters, playgrounds, six baseball diamonds, soccer fields, three horseshoe courts, a sand volleyball court, and a paved walking/jogging trail around the majority of the park site. This park is the site for many seasonal activities and festivals.
Rooker Run Park
The land for Rooker Run Park was donated to the park district by the developer in 1995. It consists of 18 acres. It is a low-laying open area on the East Fork White Lick Creek with a raised area at the entrance of the park. A playground was added to Rooker Run Park in 2006.