Shelter Permit reservations begin teh first business day of January each year (online and in the Park Office.) To view current Shelter Availability, please visit our facility calendar.
2020 SHELTER PERMIT FEES
Brown Township Residents $65
SHELTER RENTAL RULES AND REGULATIONS
- If shelters are not reserved, they are available on a first-come, first serve basis. Renters have priority use of the shelter.
- The person to whom a Facility Rental Permit is issued is the contact person and must be on the premises during the entire event.
- Your activity must not distrub or interfere unreasonably with any person or group occupying other areas of the park. Music (CDs, DJs, bands, etc.) must play non-offensive music at an appropriate noise level. All music must be off by 9:00PM.
- Any behavior that may impede the safety, health and welfare of the public and employees is prohibited.
- No person shall be allowed in parks in any state of intoxication.
- Park properties are Tobacco and Smoke Free.
- Vehicles are prohibited on the trails and grass except when marked for special events.
- Use of personal structures or the planning of activites must have prior approval from the Park. This includes tents, infatables, music, food vendors, etc and provide a certificate of insurance naming the Mooresville Park as an additional insured.
All shelters have electricity and grills. See the table below for other amenities and capacity.
|General Location||Min # of Tables||Restrooms|
|Shelter 1||Southend of Pioneer Park
Adjacent to horsehoe, volleyball and basketball courts
|Shelter 2||Adjacent to Pirate's Cove playground||20||Adjacent, paved path|
|Shelter 3||Close to Park Office and Aquatic Center parking lot,
|10||Outside of Aquatic Center bath house|
|Shelter 4||Top part of Pioneer Park,
near Pirate's Cove playground
|10||Walking distance, through grass|
|Shelter 5||Large Gazebo||5|
|Shelter 6||Kiwanis Acre, Top part of Pioneer Park,
|Shelter 7||East end of Pioneer Park,
near soccer fields
|Old Town Park||299 E. South Street,
Rental requests will be available online or at the Park Office. In order to make a rental request online, individuals will need to have (or create) a Community Pass profile in our registration system. New profiles may be created by visiting register.communitypass.net/MooresvillePark
SHELTER PERMIT REFUNDS AND DATE TRANSFERS
- All requests for refunds must be received at least 10 business days prior to the reservation date.
- Refunds will not be issued due to inclement weather.
- A $5 processing fee will be processed for each rental changed or refunded.
- Refunds will be processed via credit on the individual's Community Pass Account. Refunds processed through the Town of Mooresville claim approval process can take up to 4 weeks.
- A transfer from one date to another must be received by the Park Office at least 10 business days prior to the reservation date and is contingent upon the availability of shelters. Date transfers will not be approved due to inclement weather.
Pioneer Park has over 3 miles of paved multi-use trails.There is a Fitness Trail with various stations along the trail.There is a new portion of trail that is not represented on the map. We are working on an updated map (the new portion goes through the woods