The Mooresville Park & Recreation District park system comprises five parks within the Town of Mooresville. Each park has its unique qualities, as described below.
Bicentennial Park is a pocket park owned by the Mooresville Redevelopment Commission. It is located at 2 E. Main Street, in the downtown business district at the corner of Main and Indiana Streets. The park contains a small amphitheater (home of the Citizens Bank Summer Concert Series).
Located in the Highland Meadows subdivision, this neighborhood park contains five acres, is divided by Goose Creek, and is bordered by residences on Greenwood Drive and Parkway Drive. Activities located in this park site include picnicking, one picnic shelter, a playground, one basketball court, and volleyball courts. This park is passively serving a local neighborhood.
Old Town Park
Located at 220 South Street (South and Park Streets), this neighborhood park is the oldest in Mooresville, dating back to 1877. Old Town Park contains approximately seven acres and is bounded by East South Street, Park Drive, State Road 67, and High Street, with East Fork White Lick Creek running through the property. Activities found in this park include a shelter, playground, a log cabin for Boy Scouts usage, restrooms, and water fountains. Coming soon - cornhole courts.
Located at 1101 North Indianapolis Road, this community park site serves as the main park in the Mooresville system. The 150-acre site is located on Indianapolis Road and Old State Road 67 and has East Fork White Lick Creek running through it. The Park District's office and maintenance center is located in this park site. Activities located in Pioneer Park include the Mooresville Family Aquatic Center, Soaring Eagle Zip Line Ride, seven picnic shelters, playgrounds, six baseball diamonds, soccer fields, three horseshoe courts, a sand volleyball court, and a paved walking/jogging trail around the majority of the park site. This park is the site for many seasonal activities and festivals. Coming soon - cornhole courts.
Rooker Run Park
The developer donated the land for Rooker Run Park to the park district in 1995. It consists of 18 acres. It is a low-lying open area on the East Fork White Lick Creek with a raised area at the park's entrance. A playground was added to Rooker Run Park in 2006.