GENERAL SWIM LESSON INFORMATION
- Swim Lessons are Brown Township Residents $45 and $50 for Non-Residents per session, per person. Lessons cannot be pro-rated for any reason.
- Swim Lessons are two weeks, Monday through Friday for 30 minutes each day.
- Lessons are held on all days, including holidays, rain or shine.
- If there is lightening detected, a dry class will be offered for all students.
- If the air temperature is lower than 60 degrees, a dry class alternative will be offered to participants whose parents choose not to have their chidlren get in teh water (All pools are heated).
- Water Babies and Water Tots are parent-tot classes. An adult must accompany the chidl in teh water for these levels. There is no cost for the adult to attend the class.
- In order to maximize time with your child, anyone not registered for the class will be asked to stay in teh front party area (including parents). Each Friday parents are invited to teh pool deck / pool side to see their child's progress.
- During swim lessons we do not allow any flotation devices in teh pool. We will have a lifejacket day for each level. Goggles are acceptable.
- Please know it is common for children to repeat levels before they are able to demonstrate each skill (and we encourage it!) It is not important how quickly they move through the program but that they master each skill within the level.
Registration for Swim Lessons may be done online or in the Park Office. Please note that online registration closes one week prior to the start of classes. Registration is still available in person at the Park Office until the session has begun.
2020 Session Dates and Times
Session A (May 25 - June 5) 8:30am, 9:05am, 9:40am, 10:15am
Session B (June 8 - 19) 8:30am, 9:05am, 9:40am, 10:15am
Session C (June 22 - July 3) 8:30am, 9:05am, 9:40am, 10:15am
Session D (July 6 - 17) 8:30am, 9:05am, 9:40am, 10:15am
Session E (July 20 - 31) 8:30am, 9:05am, 9:40am, 10:15am
Session F (June 8 - 19) 7:10pm, 7:45pm
Session G (July 6 - 17) 7:10pm, 7:45pm
Multiple levels are offered during each session and time slot. Descriptions of the swim levels are below. Click on the Level to see session offerings and availability.
Water Babies - Familiarizes babies ages 6 months - 17 months with the water. Class is with a parent/guardian. Held in Zero Depth Training Pool.
Water Tots (18 months - 35 months) participants with parent/guardian becoming familiar with the water in the Training Pool.
Tadpoles (Ages 3-5) Preschool with parent/guardian for the first half of the session. Child has not taken lessons before and may display a fear of the water or separation anxiety. Held in Zero Depth Training Pool.
Guppies (Ages 3-5) Preschool Beginner. Child has not taken lessons before or needs assistance in water. Held in Zero Depth Training Pool
Dolphins (Ages 3-5) Preschool Advanced Beginner. Child is comfortable going under water, may need some assistance in water. Held in Zero Depth Training Pool
Level 1 (Ages 6 and up) Child is new to swim lessons or has completed the Dolphin Class
Level 2 (Ages 6 and up) Child is comfortable on his/her front and back; may still need some assistance in the water.
Level 3 (Ages 6 and up) Has successfully completed Level 2, comfortable going under water; can swim with no assistance on front and back.
Level 4 (Ages 6 and up) Has successfully completed level 3, can swim half a pool length on their own; knows freestyle, elementary backstroke, backstroke and breaststroke
Level 5 (Ages 6 and up) Has successfully completed level 4, can swim full length of the pool; knows freestyle, elementary backstroke and breaststroke. Focuses on stroke refinement.
Level 6 - Water Safety (Ages 6 and up) Has successfully completed Level 5, able to complete a consecutive 200 yard swim
Level 6 - Intro to Diving Has successfully completed level 5