Shelter Rentals are available April - October.
2019 Shelter Rental Policy:
Shelter Rentals may be made one year in advance, first-come, first-served. Shelters may be rented the first business day after the desired rental date (ie. Rentals for August 1 will begin August 2.) Shelters will not be placed on hold and payment must be made at the time of reservation.
2019 Shelter Permit Fee Schedule:
Brown Township Residents $60, Non-Residents $110
2020 Shelter Permit Reservations
Shelter Permits for 2020 will be available beginning January 2, 2020 (online and in the Park Office.) New Shelter Reservation policies will be updated soon. If you haven't participated in a program or rented a facility space since April 2019, you will need to create a new Family Account in our new registration system, Community Pass. (Step by Step instructions coming soon).
2020 Shelter Permit Fee Schedule TBD
|PARKS||Parking||Grills & Electricity||Play Equipment||Min # of Tables||Restrooms|
|Bicentennial Park (2 E. Main Street)||Street|
|Pioneer Park(1101 Indianapolis Road)||•|
| Shelter #1 -SW corner, adjacent to horseshoe pits, volleyball
and basketball courts
| Shelter #2 -Adjacent to Pirates Cove playground,
swings and restrooms
| Shelter #3 -Northern Park of Pioneer Park, between
Park Office & Aquatic Center
| Shelter #4 -Center of Pioneer Park. Close proximity to
Pirates Cove Playground and restrooms
| Shelter #5 (Kent Newhouse Gazebo) -South End of
Pioneer Park, surrounded by natural areas
|Shelter #6 (Kiwanis Acre) -Center of Pioneer Park||•||•||•||10|
| Shelter #7 -Eastern part of Pioneer Park, adjacent to soccer
field and restrooms
|Old Town Park (299 E. South Street)||1||•||•||•|
|Rooker Park (Rooker Run Subdivision)||•|
|North Park (Highland Meadows Subdivision)||•|
Shelter Rental Rules & Regulations
- If shelters are not reserved, they are available on a first-come, first serve basis. Renters have priority use of shelter.
- The person to whom a Facility Rental Permit is issued is the contact person and must be on the premises during the entire event.
- Your activity must not distrub or interfere unreasonably with any person or gropu occupying other areas of the park. Music (CDs, DJs, bands, etc.) must play non-offensive music at an appropriate noise level. All music must be off by 9pm.
- Any behavior that may impeed the safety, health and welfare of the public and employees is prohibited.
- Alcoholic beverages, illegal drugs an substances are not permitted in or on Park Property and their use will not be tolerated. All Park properties are Tobacco and Smoke Free.
- Use of personal structors or the planning of activities must have prior approval from teh Park. This includes tents, inflatables, music, food vendors, etc. and provide a certificate of insurance naming the Mooresville Park as an additional insured.
Shelter Permit Refunds
- All requests for refunds must be received in writing at the Park Office at least 10 business days prior to the reservation date.
- Refunds will not be issued due to inclement weather
- A $5 processing fee will be processed for each rental changed or refunded.
- Refunds will be processed via credit on the individual's Community Pass Account. Refunds processed through the Town of Mooresville claim approval process can take up to 4 weeks.
Shelter Rental Date Transfers
- A transfer from one date to another must be received by the Park Office at leasst 10 business days prior to the reservation date and is contingent upon the availability of shelters. Date transfers will not be approved due to inclement weather.
- A $5 processing efee will be charged for each date change.